Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Entrelac hats history

In October 2008 I learned how to do entrelac. The class was given very sketchy directions on knitting a tam or a cap. After the class was over, a couple of us refined the directions to workable instructions. People started seeing the reslts and they wanted caps and tams but didn't want to do the work, so I was asked to make them. When I started putting my tams on Ravelry, people started asking for the pattern. There wasn't one, so I had to write it. I looked high and low on the internet and in books to see if anyone had a pattern with the elements I had written into the pattern. I found elements from several different designs, but nothing compiled exactly as I had done. Thus I am sharing the patterns for what I call my Tam of Many Colors I (this is the basic version), my Tam of Many Colors II (which has design elements in various sections) and the Entrelac Basic Cap. I am not a professional pattern writer, so if you find any errors, please let me know.

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment